Everything you need to know to properly take care of your microblading tools
As a microblading artist, taking good care of your tools is one of the essential tasks you need to do in your business. Not paying attention to your artist’s tools might end up with your instruments infected, which certainly is something you want to avoid.
We must be ultra-careful to ensure that your microblading pen is clean and ready for the next customer. To properly clean and disinfect your pen tool, please make sure that you follow the following steps.
How to properly clean your microblading pen
- Prepare a cleaning solution of 50% hot water and 50% BIOSCRUB. Use a BIOSCRUP soap, clean brush, and water to wash all the parts thoroughly.
- Leave the pen into the cleaning solution for at least 1 hour and make sure to rinse and dry them afterward.
- Lay the pen fully immersed in hospital-grade CIDEX or Perasafe. Use gloves and air dry. Once you’ve finished this process, you can sterilize them with UV sterilization.
- Finally, store them in a sealed container ready for the next time you need it.
Three steps to sharpen properly your eyebrow pencil
- Carefully peel the pen and start sharpening on two sides equally.
- Sharpen the tip by using very gentle shaving movements. Avoid applying high pressure on the tip of the pencil, or it will break.
- At last, use your wrist to check if that is the thickness that you want.
Protocol for washing your hands
The fact that you use gloves during the microblading procedure doesn’t mean you don’t need to wash your hands.
Hands should be washed using liquid antibacterial soap. Forget about bar soaps since they harbor many different microorganisms and bacteria.
To wash your hands appropriately, you should include the following actions:
- Wash palm to palm and over the dorsum.
- Wash palm to palm with fingers interlaced.
- Wash forearms and rinse your hands with fingers pointed downwards.
Remember, bad cleaning habits could lead to infections such as hepatitis or in the worst-case scenario, HIV. So, you need to do everything in your power to prevent any damage to your business brand and reputation.
If you would like to learn more about sterilizing your tools, recommended room setup, and how to pass inspection. Secure your spot at our next Microblading Mastery Class by clicking the button below.